Monday, December 31, 2007

Gaaaaiiit Uuuurr Paaaawwwpkorn!!!

I don't think I could ever be successful in a position requiring predominantly sales skills. I'm too much of a WYSIWYG [whiz-ee-wig; 'What You See Is What You Get']. That's not to say that my opinion of successful sales people is that they're a bunch of big superficial liars, but I do believe sales arena success requires a certain level of embellishment along with a high degree of (sometimes forced) enthusiasm. And I just don't got it.

That said, I have a tremendous amount of respect for those that have found success in a field requiring, not only superb communication skills, but also confidence, competence, ridiculous hours, and the 24/7 enthusiasm of a beauty pageant contestant; I get exhausted just watching them.

No comments: