Friday, July 13, 2007

B-E-A-uuutiful!!

It's days like today that remind why I pay exorbitant rent to live here. I recently acquired the task of performing audits on a handful of secret systems we have located on the Campus I work at; what relevance does this fact have to today's blog? None, except that this task requires me to travel from my building to another building located about a couple hundred yards away. Just the simple act of walking outside is enough to put one in a good mood. The weather's a perfect 78 degrees right now with a gentle breeze, there are vibrant colored flourishing plants everywhere you look, and the sky is a brilliant blue without a single trace cloud as far as the eye can see.

Living here makes me want to be a construction worker just so I can linger outdoors as often and as long as possible. If I could get a LAN connection from outside my building, you'd probably find me camped out on a patch of lush grass in the sunshine coding away. It's not too painful walking back into the confines of my ultraviolet illuminated, windowless office; knowing that today is Friday which means tomorrow I'll spend a good part of the day drinking, socializing and sunning myself on the beautiful sands of Pacific Beach followed on Sunday by a nice walk with my dog down to the local Starbucks where I'll sit outside; my top half in the shade, and bottom half in the sunshine, sip my ice-coffee, read, study, and watch the foot traffic go by.

God, I love this place.

No comments: